We have all heard about the importance of a Morning Routine. There are many articles, and entire books devoted to this subject. I think that NOW more than ever having a morning routine gives our day some much needed structure. Here are a few of my favorite Morning Routine suggestions:
Here is my own Daily Routine:
- Mediate (10-15 mins)
- Thought download (30 mins)
- Hot H2O lemon (5 mins)
- Workout / walk with dogs (30-60 min)
- Tea / protein shake (10 min)
- Coaching calls/ Homework/ writing (2-4 hours)
- Lunch (15-30 min)
- Cleaning / laundry (endless)
- Painting/ podcasts (60-120 mins)
- Check in with family/friends (1-2 hours)
- Dinner (1 hour)
- Movie/ series (2 hours)
- Shower / bath (30 mins)
- Bed (try for 7-8 hours of sleep)
If you are having trouble keeping track of your routine here are a few habit tracking apps.
I am currently using Productive Habit Tracker.
- Unlocking US by Brené Brown
Brené Brown is a #1 New York Times best-selling author, researcher and truth teller. She has started a new podcast called Unlocking Us. In it she explores ideas, books, stories that reflect the universal experiences of being human, from the bravest moments to the most brokenhearted.
All of her episodes are amazing- this one feels important today.
Listen to Dr. Marc Brackett and Brené on “Permission to Feel” from Unlocking Us with Brené Brown on Apple Podcasts.
- The Life Coach School by Brooke Castillo
Brooke is a Master Life Coach. She delivers no nonsense coaching, using The Model. It is a very useful tool in determining how our thoughts affect our feelings and then determine our actions, which give us our results. She has over 300 episodes. I found her “Moving Forward” series very helpful in navigating during this pandemic. However, I have been an avid fan of hers for a few years.
- Elizabeth Gilbert gives us permission to feel our feelings:
Another #1 New York Times Best Selling Author, Creativity Whisperer and kick-ass Keynote Speaker, Elizabeth Gilbert gives us permission to feel our feelings: It’s OK to feel overwhelmed. Here’s what to do next (Elizabeth Gilbert | TED Connects).
- Gabby Bernstein is a writer, coach, and anxiety tamer does a beautiful meditation that I listen to every morning and every night. Click here for the “All is Well” Meditation.
- Anxiety – Tapping with Brad Yates:
Tapping or EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technique) has shown to be very effective in helping to manage anxiety. Brad Yates teaches us how to utilize EFT method and tap specifically on anxiety. Click here for more information.
Or you can contact me directly at 720-900-4455 or Alliehillcoaching@gmail.com.